UWC Mahindra College monthly newsletter


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Project Week experiences

Yuefan:
There is something from children that will always touch your heart.


Trang:
What I've learnt about is my relationship with other people, especially my friends. I realized how caring, lovely and adorable they are.

In order to move ahead with modernization and privatization it seems people have forgotten to be kind and think of those who are less fortunate. So we must not think of 'me' but 'we'.

We learnt: How the institution functions. The problems in Indian society and youth.
Challenge : Language

India faces
challenges in its development but there is a feeling of hope for the underprivileged and illiterate in the world.

Challenge : Language barrier with the students at APSA.

It's surprising to see that one person can organize, coordinate and run the organization. One thing that I learnt was to see how the children have an optimism about life.

We saw the huge gap between the financial status of people: the dream school and the UB mall were only 30 minutes apart.

Challenge: Language barrier.

Roshni : The need for balance: I learnt to appreciate what I have.
Challenge – Understanding people who are so different from me, and finding common ground.

Yerang : I learnt how to eat with my hands. Education in India is not provided for everyone equally. Happiness doesn't necessarily mean having things.

No comments:

Post a Comment